Orientation – Nurses
Welcome to Nursing at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre!
Nursing Orientation is comprised of:
- General Employee Orientation
- Nursing Orientation – including hands on labs and simulations
Our goal is to ensure you are adequately prepared to begin your work here at TBRHSC. Your Clinical Nurse Specialist will work with you to provide an orientation schedule.
Please be sure that you click on the general Orientation – Employees section to complete the 8 mandatory e-learning modules which require completion before employment can commence.
Please complete the following 8 sections as listed below:
- Medication Reconcilation (part 1)
- Tracheostomy Care
- Saf-t-Intima Subcutaneous Line
- Accessing an Implanted Port and Site Care
- Blood Sampling
- Dressing and Injection Cap Change
- Partial Thrombolytic Occlusion – Alteplase
- Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs LMS Module – please print your quiz results and bring these to your CNS.
- Caring for the Aggressive Patient
Medication Reconciliation (part 2) will be completed along with your Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Please click on the unit where you are assigned to begin work. All orientation materials for the unit will be available under that link. Copies of the added nursing skills self-tests are included for you. It is expected that you read the material, complete and submit the self tests to the instructor prior to your nursing labs. Each test will be collected at the beginning of each labs. This ensures the instructor that you are prepared for the lab.
- 1A Orientation Package
- 1B Orientation Package
- 1C Orientation Package
- 2A Orientation Package
- 2B Orientation Package
- 2C Orientation Package
- 3ABC Orientation Package
- 3CN Orientation Package
- 3TM Orientation Package
- Adult Mental Health Orientation Package
- Critical Care Orientation
- Emergency Department Orientation
- Labour and Delivery Orientation Package
- Lead II
- NICU Orientation Package
- OR Orientation Package
- PACU Orientation Package
- Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs
- Surgical Day Care Orientation Package
Once again, welcome to nursing at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. We wish you every success!