Orientation – Professional Staff
Welcome to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre! This orientation program will provide you with valuable information as you begin your journey at TBRHSC. Completion of this orientation program is mandatory, as it will ensure you have the proper tools to be successful.
The orientation has four components:
- Handbook The handbook is in PDF format.
- Policies & Procedures – There are several policies and procedures you need to be familiar with prior to beginning work at TBRHSC. You will be required to sign a disclaimer page, stating that you are aware, understand and will abide by these policies and procedures while working at TBRHSC.
- E-Learning – The Ministry of Labour Safety and Awareness Training (Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness in 5 Steps) must be completed with a copy of the certificate provided to Medical Affairs or uploaded into your application through the Northwest Regional Electonic Credentialling System. Please click here to access the eletronic module.
- Educational Modules – The educational modules will ensure that you are familiar with policies and procedures for code status at TBRHSC as well as the software programs you will be required to use when providing patient care.
- In-Person Orientation – Medical Affairs will schedule the in-person orientation, which will involve short introductory meetings with various stakeholders in the organization. Please note that locum physicians starting on a weekend will be orientated in-person by a colleague of the program/service that they will be working in. Supportive Staff are exempt from the in-person orientation.
Please review the handbook, policies and procedures prior to your in-person orientation.