We are committed to supporting patients, families and staff to be smoke-free while at TBRHSC.
Being smoke-free is the single best thing you can do to prevent illness and be healthy. Whether you are planning to quit smoking or you have already quit, there are many resources available to help you!
Smokers’ Helpline – Connect to Quit
- Free, personalized advice, counselling and a quit plan that suits you. Telephone, online, and text options available.
- Call 1.877.513.5333 or go to www.smokershelpline.ca
Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- Free, individual cessation counselling (NRT voucher system available for eligible clients)
- Take Control: Personal Tobacco-Free Counseling www.tbdhu.com
Call the Tobacco Treatment Specialist – at 807-625-5982
Visit NWquit.com to find a comprehensive list of smoking cessation help available in Northwestern Ontario.
The Quit Coach
- Individual Cessation Counselling
- Fee for Service
Contact Jim Morris at 472.6309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thunder Bay Medical Centre – 63 N. Algoma Street
Your local pharmacist is also part of the integrated healthcare team available to provide valuable support for quitting smoking. Ask him or her about your smoking cessation needs.