On behalf of our Cancer Care team, we welcome you to Regional Cancer Care Northwest – a program of Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre dedicated to serving all cancer patients in Northwestern Ontario. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible care, support, and information while ensuring privacy, dignity, comfort, and safety during each of your visits. We do this through our program (Regional Cancer Care Northwest) which has 14 regional sites, including the primary hub at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre – the Cancer Centre.
Tips for Your Appointment
Here is some helpful and important information for patients to remember for each and every appointment for their cancer care:
- Always bring your appointment sheet (if you have one) and your Health Card
- Arrive 15 minutes early in order to have time to:
- Complete the Edmonton Symptom Assessment System (ESAS)
- Find a parking spot
- Always bring your medications or a current up-to-date list:
- Include all over-the-counter medications, including vitamins and herbal remedies.
- Include all topical creams and inhalers.
- Bring a pen and some paper to take notes if you need to
- You are encouraged to bring a family member or friend to each appointment if you feel you would like to for support or to help you discuss your care with the Cancer Care team
Cancer Centre Information
- Phone numbers:
- Main Reception (807) 684-7200
- Toll-Free 1-877-696-7223
- Supportive & Palliative Care (807) 684-7310
- Chemotherapy Unit (807) 684-7292
- Radiation Therapy (807) 684-7337
- Clinical Trials (807) 684-7233
- Drug Reimbursement Specialist (807) 684-7269
- Tamarack House (807) 684-7799 or Toll-Free 1-877-696-7223
- After-Hours Service
On evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, please call the Nurses' Registry at (807) 623-7451 and ask for the Cancer Centre on-call physician. If the problem is a medical emergency or if you don't know what to do, please go to your local Emergency Department and tell them that you are a patient at the Cancer Centre.