TBRHSC Accessibility Plan
We are committed to improving our Accessible environment for patients and families, visitors, volunteers and staff requiring accommodation.
We invite you to view our 2017 – 2020 Accessibility Plan, which reflects feedback provided by many community members. Areas of focus include:
- Customer Service (service animals and support persons, training for staff, access to services)
- Information & Communications (feedback processes, accessible forms, website content)
- Employment (recruitment practices, supports for employees, accommodation plans, career advancement)
- Design of Public Spaces (service counters, waiting areas, exterior paths, accessible parking).
You are also welcome to view our Accessibility Plan 2016-Multi-year Update to learn about past accomplishments.
Our Accessibility Implementation Team works actively to implement and monitor the Accessibility Plan. Provincial standards, as well as your comments, concerns and ideas help. We welcome any feedback you may have on how we might improve accessibility.
If you have any inquiries regarding the TBRHSC Accessibility plan please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For those wanting to learn more about people with accessibility needs please view our People First Brochure
TBRHSC offers the following accessible services:
- All including the Main Lobby and Emergency.
- All are at ground level and without curbing.
- Equipped with automatic, revolving or sliding doors.
American Sign Language Interpreters
- Available upon request – advanced notice is required.
- Portable devices for patient rooms are available at Switchboard, near the Main Entrance.
- On pay phones marked with the symbol to the right.
- Can be enabled on all televisions by pressing the ‘CC’ button on the remote control.
- If you experience any issues please contact Hospitality Network via the number listed in your room.
Directory Floor Plan Signs
- Beside the Grand Staircase on levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Inside Main Entrance Doors and beside the Information Desk.
Easy Access Doors
- Internal doors are automatic or have lever handles.
- External doors are hand waves, sliders and/or revolving.
- All elevators are accessible.
- Equipped with Braille buttons and audio tones.
- Available in all main hallways except in front foyers.
- Designated parking spaces in lots A1, A3, B, C1, C2, D, E and F.
- Designated Renal parking is located at the main Renal entrance.
Pocket Pagers with Vibrate Mode
- Available for use in the Emergency Department and Fracture Clinic.
- For patients who are deaf, deafened or hard-of-hearing only.
Printed Floor Plans
- Printed copies are available at the Information Desk in the Main Entrance.
- Are permitted. Contact the department manager for further information.
Teletypewriter (TTY) Devices
- Fixed devices available in Emergency, Main Entrance, Cafeteria and on pay phones.
- Portable devices are also available at Switchboard in the Main Entrance.
- They are marked with the symbol to the right.
- Located at most program/service areas.
- Have ample seating.
- Over 20 of our washrooms are accessible.
- They are marked with this symbol .
- Available at the Main Entrance and the Emergency Department.